CEM 11 Plus Exams
Visuteach sells a CEM English/VR (verbal reasoning) online computer software membership package whichs helps prepare for the CEM 11 plus exams. The tests in our CEM English VR package are online only and cannot be printed out. The tests are short tests that focus on specific question types (e.g. synonyms, antonyms, cloze tests, jumbled sentences (shuffled sentences) and comprehension) rather than tests which combine different question types into longer CEM style verbal reasoning tests. This means you can study for short periods of time and can focus on specific types of question.
For additional comprehension practice, Visuteach sells 20 English comprehension papers. The papers and the answers cannot be printed out, but they can be viewed online for a period of one year. The answer sheets and English comprehension passages can be printed out. All 20 English comprehension papers cost £25 for a period of one year.
- All 20 English comprehension papers can be bought for £25 and can be viewed online for a period of one year.
- Each English comprehension paper contains a comprehension passage of approximately 500 words.
- Each English comprehension paper contains 13 questions and should be completed in 13 minutes.
- Comprehension passages are taken from classics, humorous tales, adventure stories, historical non-fiction, girls’ school stories and boys’ school stories.
- Visuteach uses passages by Arthur Conan Doyle, Thomas Hardy, Jerome K. Jerome, E. Nesbit, Mark Twain, John Kendrick Bangs, Talbot Baines Reed, Frank Richard Stockton, Edgar Wallace, Theodora Wilson Wilson, R.M. Ballantyne, Dorothea Moore and Eleanor H. Porter.
- Questions in our English comprehension test papers cover comprehension, vocabulary (e.g. synonyms, words closest in meaning), identification of parts of speech (e.g. adverbs, adjectives, nouns, verbs, pronouns, prepositions) and identification of literary devices (e.g. simile, metaphor, hyperbole, oxymoron, onomatopoeia).
Demos of our CEM online software English VR (verbal reasoning) package and our English comprehension papers are shown further down this web page.
Visuteach CEM English/VR Online Software Membership Package Demo
The demo below contains some synonym, antonym, cloze (missing words and missing letters) and jumbled sentence (shuffled sentence) questions.
The demo below contains cloze tests with missing letters in words.
The demo below is a timed comprehension test (with answers at the end of the test).
Print out the passage and then run the demo test.
Visuteach English Comprehension Paper Demo
Download and print out the answer sheet and the comprehension passage for the question paper by clicking on the links below:
The question paper and the answers shown below can be displayed in full screen mode by clicking on the Full Screen icon (which has has four small white diagonal arrows) on the toolbar at the bottom of the paper or the bottom of the answers. To exit from full screen mode, you can click on the Full Screen icon or press the Esc key on your keyboard.
To scroll the paper, you can either use the scroll bars to the right and bottom of the paper, or you can use the up and down arrow icons on the toolbar, or you can just hover anywhere within the paper until you see the hand icon and then just drag the hand up or down.
For mobile users, you can use pinch and zoom to enlarge the text and use your finger to scroll.
Note that when you buy a paper, you cannot print out the paper and the answers shown below. You can only view it online for a period of 1 year.