Visuteach sells a CEM 11 plus English / VR (verbal reasoning) online computer software membership package which contains interactive online tests that help prepare for CEM 11 plus exams. The 11 plus tests in our CEM English VR package are online only and cannot be printed out. They are short tests that focus on specific question types (e.g. synonyms, antonyms, vocabulary cloze tests, jumbled sentences (shuffled sentences) and comprehension) rather than combining different question types into longer CEM 11 plus style verbal reasoning tests. This means you can study for short periods of time and can focus on specific types of question.
For additional comprehension practice, Visuteach sells 20 eleven plus English comprehension papers and software tests. The papers and the answers cannot be printed out, but they can be viewed online for a period of one year. The answer sheets and English comprehension passages can be printed out.
- All 20 English comprehension papers and software tests can be bought for £25 and can be viewed online for a period of one year.
- Each English comprehension paper contains a comprehension passage of approximately 500 words.
- Each English comprehension paper contains 13 questions and should be completed in 13 minutes.
- Comprehension passages are taken from classics, humorous tales, adventure stories, historical non-fiction, girls’ school stories and boys’ school stories.
- Visuteach uses passages by Arthur Conan Doyle, Thomas Hardy, Jerome K. Jerome, E. Nesbit, Mark Twain, John Kendrick Bangs, Talbot Baines Reed, Frank Richard Stockton, Edgar Wallace, Theodora Wilson Wilson, R.M. Ballantyne, Dorothea Moore and Eleanor H. Porter.
- Questions in our English comprehension test papers cover comprehension, vocabulary (e.g. synonyms, words closest in meaning), identification of parts of speech (e.g. adverbs, adjectives, nouns, verbs, pronouns, prepositions) and identification of literary devices (e.g. simile, metaphor, hyperbole, oxymoron, onomatopoeia).
Demos of our CEM 11 plus online English VR (verbal reasoning) tests and our English comprehension papers are shown further down this web page.